A program designed just for you
Life is a journey, life skills need to be learned, education and health levels improved, outstanding charges in the justice system cleared and past wounds of abuse and family violence healed. At Winnipeg Inner City Missions we encourage each individual to identify their own ‘PATH’ forward. Ongoing support and advocacy is provided to each individual to encourage success achievement of their goals.
What we offer…
The First Steps to Employment Project offers support to single adults ages 30-50, living in poverty and/or dysfunctional family or social units while they develop life skills. Individuals who are unemployed or underemployed, committed to making positive changes to their lifestyle receive assistance.
Our approach is to offer confidential services and to advocate for the individual with the health care, justice, education systems and social service agencies. Without this type of personal support individuals often fail to make use of the existing services available to them.
To find out if you qualify answer yes to the following questions:
- I have been sober for at least one year
- I am between the ages of 30-50
- I agree to obtain employment in the future
- I agree to participate in counseling
- I agree to volunteer a minimum of 3 hours a week within this center
You must be referred by a worker or agency who knows you such as:
- Salvation Army
- Ma Mawi
- Pritchard House
- New Directions etc.
- You must meet the following criteria:
- Be clean and/or sober for a minimum of 1 year
- Have an assessment from participating in an addictions program
- Obtain a letter of reference from an addiction facility and from an AA, NA, or CA group which you have been attending on a regular basis, and agree to continue